The new Atmel® | SMART SAMA5D4 series, expands the SAMA5 microprocessors family and targets IoT, Industrial and Consumer applications. It is ARM® Cortex®-A5-based, and adds a 720p resolution hardware video decoder and advanced security features. The chip has significantly better system performance using
the ARM NEONTM 128-bit SIMD (single instruction, multiple data) architecture
extension and a 128kByte L2 Cache. The IC has advanced security features to protect the application software from counterfeiting, to safeguard software assets, and to securely store and transfer data.
• Control panels for security, home automation, thermostats, etc.
• Surveillance cameras
• Industrial human-machine interface (HMI)
• Fitness equipment, such as treadmills and exercise machines
• Industrial and residential gateways
• Smart grid infrastructure
SMART SAMA5D4 series from Atmel
SAMA5D41 / SAMA5D42 / SAMA5D43 / SAMA5D44 datasheet